William Adcock

William Adcock

William Adcock is scheduled to be sentenced June 21 after pleading guilty to multiple counts of sexual crimes against a child.

The Russellville man was charged in October 2017, with 99 counts including sexual abuse of a victim under 12 years of age, possession/view of matter portraying sexual performance by a minor, assault fourth-degree and tampering with physical evidence.

On April 2 Adcock admitted to sexual abuse first-degree, two counts of possession of matter portraying a sexual performance by a minor, one count of tampering with physical evidence, one count of failure to notify address change to DOT, one count of assault fourth-degree, two counts of attempted sodomy 1st degree, one count of sodomy second-degree, and two counts of use of minor in a sexual performance.

The plea agreement includes a 20-year sentence with the Commonwealth Attorney opposing probation, a lifetime listed on the sex offender registration, complete a sex offender treatment program, and a five-year conditional discharge.

The conditional discharge means Adcock would have to complete the service of his sentence and any probation or parole period after that, with an additional five-year period, during which, if he violates the law he can have an additional five-year sentence imposed by Department of Corrections.

According to acting Commonwealth Attorney Justin Crocker, the judge will have the final say and discretion to follow the plea agreement or not.

A woman had contacted Logan County's Emergency Communications Center in 2017 advising her boyfriend (Adcock) had photos of her 12-year-old daughter with her private parts exposed on his cell phone. The complainant had located the photos when Adcock had gone to the bathroom. While law enforcement was en-route to the residence, the woman claimed Adcock came out of the bathroom, grabbed her hands and bent her wrist back, obtaining the cell phone and erasing the photos. According to a police report, Adcock later admitted to officers that he taken the photos and deleted them.

Adcock admitted to police to touching two juveniles in the home numerous times. One victim stated it had been going on for over a year and a half. One juvenile reported Adcock had said if they told they would get into trouble.

Law enforcement learned the incidents occurred when the mother of the children was not at home. The report states Adcock had lived at the residence with the victims for three years.