The Russellville Swimming Panthers took to the water at the Bill Powell Natatorium on the campus of Western Kentucky University. Every swimmer shaved time at the Warren County Hilltopper Invitational Saturday, December 12. Ben Slack, Katie Ray Holloman, and Kate Bouldin earned points for their team by placing in at least the top twelve of their respective events.
· M. Bryant had two personal best times today in the 50 free (33.85) and the 100 free (1:19.16).
· K. Paul had a personal best by shaving nearly seven seconds from her 100 free (1:20.89).
· B. Slack had a season best, placing 8th, in the 200 IM (2:38.30). His 100 fly time of 1:09.94 earned him the 11th spot in that event.
· K. Holloman had a personal best, placing 10th, in the 100 free (1:09.98), winning her heat. Holloman’s 50 free time of 31.17 took 12th place in that event.
· C. Celsor had a season best in the 50 free (28.03).
· D. Porter had season best in both of his events, 50 free (31.36) and 100 breast (1:24.19).
· K. Bouldin had personal best in both events, placing 7th in the 100 fly (1:10.40) and 4th in the 500 free (6:08.21).
The girls’ relay team continues to improve at each meet. The ladies swam the 200 Medley Relay (2:36.78) nearly seven seconds faster than they did on December 1 (2:43.44). A six second improvement in the 200 Free Relay (2:07.97) was enough to earn them the 10th place spot in that event.
The swim team will continue to work hard in the water and strive to stay healthy throughout the holiday season. They will compete again at the Best of the West meet at Bowling Green High School on January 9, 2016.
Thanks! The picture attached is of (RJ/SHS girls’ relay team) Pictured: Kate Bouldin, Katie Paul, Morgan Bryant, and Katie Ray Holloman)