Hello friends, neighbors, relatives and a few others. Here’s hoping you had a good Christmas and will have a good New Years as well. I am writing this a few days early so it is not quite the New Years yet. Next week I will review my predictions for 2015 and see how well I did. In the mean time I want to share a very special list that has great meaning for me and my life.
“45 Lessons In Life” author unknown
1) Life isn’t always fair, but it is still good.
2) When in doubt just take the next small step.
3) Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4) Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick.
5) Pay off your credit cards every month.
6) You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7) Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8) It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9) Save for retirement starting with your first pay check.
10) When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11) Make peace with your past so it won’t screw p the present.
12) It’s OK to let your children see you crying.
13) Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14) If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15) Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry, God never blinks.
16) Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17) Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
18) Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19) It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20) When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21) Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22) Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23) Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24) The most important sex organ is the brain.
25) No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26) Frame every disaster with these words. “In five years, will this matter?”
27) Always choose life.
28) Forgive everyone everything.
29) What other people think of you is none of your business.
30) Time heals most everything. Give time time.
31) However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32) Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33) Believe in miracles.
34) God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or did not do.
35) Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36) Growing old beats the alternative – dying young.
37) Your children get only one childhood.
38) All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39) Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40) If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
41) Envy s a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42) The best is yet to come.
43) No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45) Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it is still a gift.
I hope the above will be a help in your life as it has been in mine.
Remember that next week I hope to report on the results of my 2015 predictions. See how many I got right or close to it.
Time to go. My best to you all and good night to Mrs. Calabash where ever you are.
To contact Dick Dickerson about the Logan County News, call 615-389-5495 or email [email protected]