Young artists and horse enthusiasts alike have the opportunity to make their mark on the 2016 Kentucky 4-H Horse Show by designing the event’s T-shirt.
Every summer, the 4-H State Horse Show brings nearly 2,000 people to Louisville. It is the culminating event for the horse project as more than 900 Kentucky 4-H’ers showcase skills they and their horses have learned during the year. The T-shirts are sold during the event. Proceeds from the T-shirt sales benefit the Kentucky 4-H Horse Scholarship Fund, which gives college scholarships to Kentucky high school seniors who are 4-H horse program members.
Contest entrants must be between 9 and 18 and submit either original artwork or unlicensed clip art. The winner will receive $50.
Please follow these rules for the design:
1. Use clean lines or solid shapes. No shading or grayscale.
2. Ensure drawings are “print” ready.
3. Choose a theme that is tasteful, reflective of the spirit of the 4-H State Horse Show and meaningful to most 4-H members and their families.
4. Include a theme phrase in the design.
5. Color designs are accepted but may not be printed in color. T-shirt design contest judges and the printer have the final option. Contest entrants are encouraged to make their color suggestions known when they submit the design.
Submit designs by May 15 to the Kentucky 4-H Horse Program, 615 W. P. Garrigus Building, Lexington, KY 40546-0215.
For more information on the local 4-H horse program, contact the Logan County Cooperative Extension Service.
Logan County 4HYD Agent