New Student Registration to be Held on Tuesday, July 26, 2016, for the Russellville Independent School District.
Registration for new students in the Russellville Independent School District will be held on Tuesday, July 26, 2016, from 1p.m. to 5p.m. at Stevenson Elementary School. Please note that this registration is for Kindergarten through 12th grade students who are new to the district, not for returning students or preschoolers. Children turning age 3 or 4 by August 1, 2016, may schedule a screening for preschool by contacting Linda Shelton at (270) 726-8405, ext. 4316, or email at email@example.com.
Kentucky law requires that all children be enrolled in school between the ages of 6 and 18. Children can enter primary school at age 5, but only if their 5th birthday is on or before October 1, of the current school year. (For example, a 4-year-old who will turn 5 by October 1, may enroll in primary school this fall.)
The following documentation is required to register a new student in school:
• A legal birth certificate or other reliable documentation verifying proof of age and identification;
• A Kentucky certificate of immunization;
• Verification of a preventable health care examination conducted within one year prior to initial entry into the school program and another preventable health care examination within one year prior to entry into the 6th grade; a Head Start and/or preschool physical exam may suffice as the initial enrollment school physical;
• Verification of an eye examination by an optometrist or ophthalmologist, documented on the Kentucky School Eye Exam Form; (This form must be presented to the school no later than January 1, of the first year that a 5 or 6-year-old child is enrolled) and
• Verification of a dental screening or examination by a dentist, dental hygienist, physician, registered nurse, advanced registered nurse practitioner, or physician assistant, documented on the Kentucky Dental Screening Form. (This form must be presented to the school no later than January 1, of the first year that a 5 or 6-year-old child is enrolled).
Students who have previously attended another school district in Kentucky may be able to transfer some or all of the above documentation from their old school. However, students moving into Kentucky from another state must provide the documentation on the required Kentucky forms.
A back-to-school bash for students attending Stevenson Elementary School will be held Thursday, July 28, 2016, from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. There will be a back-to-school open house for Russellville Junior/Senior High School students on Tuesday, August 2, 2016, from 5:00 to 7:00pm.